Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just a blog to get everyone up to speed on Randy. After the anuerysm happened we spent 16 days in Las Vegas. On April 15th (Tues night) we flew out of vegas to Salt Lake to go to Primary Childrens. When Randy got there he couldn't sit up, hold his head up or talk. We had only been there a day and he was sitting up on his own ( well with alittle help) he smiled for the first time when he saw his Dad. Scott had to drive our truck up from Vegas. By Saturday of that same week he was saying words. On Sunday when I had got down there he had ordered his own breakfast. Everyday he would get better and better. He loved to get out of bed and stand. Then when he could get to walk that was even better. He just progressed so fast after we got to Salt Lake. On May 2nd he walked out of the Hosp. on his own. What a Mother's Day present that was. He was in Hospitals a total of 32 days after the injury. He is amazing! He hated this summer though. He had to do speech, occupational therapies and then we started having a teacher come in and help get him going on catching up on school work. We thought we would have to modifiy his school day and only let him go a couple of hours a day but he has gone all day long since the end of August. He made honor roll the first quarter. He is just a miracle. He still needs a little help with his speech (his thoughts don' t flow out like he wants them too) and with his right hand he needs help with too. He is just doing really well. The doctors in Vegas told us it would be a long recovery and healing. Randy just had to prove them wrong!

4 comments:

  1. "In the hollow of His hand, as he grows from boy to man..." Thank God. Our Randy is a super hero. Love, Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he is doing so well!! It's amazing the miracles that have happened to just our family. The Lord truly loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shudder when I think of those horrible days in Vegas. Randy is proof that miracles do happen. Seeing him walk toward me in the airport, saying "hi" was an amazing sight to behold. You are a strong woman Cami, and we are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at work on my lunch and I just read this and I'm trying so hard not to cry in front of my co-workers. I'm so glad he is doing good. I want more than anything to see him, if only money grew on trees...

    ReplyDelete